Residential Mold Damage Repair
Mold has been proven to cause a number of negative effects on both your body and property. If left untreated, mold can begin to be a big problem for you and your family. Mold removal services like ours here at Restore Remodel Renew will be necessary to truly get rid of the problem for good.
Living in beautiful South Florida means dealing with a higher level of humidity than the rest of the country sees. Between constant humidity and strong storm landings, our properties are very susceptible to mold. When living in Florida, the last thing you want to do is let mold build up in your home.
Mold spores can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, sinus problems, and fungal infections. Mold is not only terrible for your health but terrible for your property as well. If you have a mold problem it’s time to take care of it now before it’s too late.
A Closer Look at Mold
It is important to understand how mold comes to form and the effects it can have on your property and body. Without solid mold remediation services, mold will only continue to cause you big headaches (figuratively and literally). Let’s take a closer look at mold and the problems that it can cause.
Microscopic mold spores can be found pretty much everywhere. They can be found indoors and outdoors, which can make the removal process difficult and tedious. It is almost impossible to completely remove every single spec of mold in your home or environment. These spores can also travel through the air, through clothes, shoes, pets, and in other ways.
When it comes to mold remediation services, there is a set process that must be followed. This is to ensure safety and effectiveness in removing mold spores. This is where we come in! Removing mold yourself is an unnecessary hassle, one we can take care of for you and your home.
Facts About Mold
There are a number of things that people don’t know about mold. These can be very useful in understanding the scope of your situation and how to solve it. Consider these facts:
- Mold spores are microscopic and float through the air without being noticed.
- Mold can enter the home through doors, heating systems, windows, clothing, and even pets.
- Spores tend to linger in areas with high moisture. Mold can really start to grow into large colonies when exposed to water.
- Mold tends to have a strong, musty odor, which can be a good way to pinpoint mold in your home.
- The temperature in your house can actually encourage mold growth in some cases. It’s recommended to keep your indoor humidity below 45% if possible.
- Before any mold remediation services can begin, all sources of moisture and water must be identified and taken care of. If left untreated, mold will only return over time.
Mold Exposure Symptoms
If mold is left untreated it can begin to cause a series of negative effects on your health and property. Many people don’t realize some of the consequences of leaving mold growth until it’s too late. Mold exposure affects people differently, depending on underlying health conditions and age.
Children, elderly people, and people with underlying health conditions tend to be more susceptible to mold exposure symptoms. People with allergies can also be affected more heavily by mold exposure. Common symptoms of mold exposure include:
- Red eyes
- Blurred vision
- Muscle cramps
- Sinus problems
- Shortness of breath
- Headaches and migraines
If you notice these symptoms and suspect that mold might be the cause, it’s time to call Restore Remodel Renew. Waiting will only increase these symptoms or even worsen them in the long run. Mold can be a detriment to your health and your home as well, don’t wait to get your home checked out.
The Process of Mold Removal
When removing mold from a house, it’s important to take the right precautions for safety and long-lasting results. At Restore Remodel Renew, we don’t cut any corners when working with mold. Our mold removal service is thorough and trusted, we’ll be right by your side every step of the way. While each case is different, these may be the best steps to ensure effective and reliable remediation of your home:
- Call Restore Remodel Renew – If you notice that you have a mold problem, our help is just one phone call away!
- Inspection and Damage Assessment – Our team will carefully inspect your home for signs of mold. We’ll also address all hidden sources of potential water (if any).
- Mold Containment – We take various precautions to contain the mold and prevent any further spreading. By using techniques like negative air chambers, we’re able to keep the mold contained while the cleaning process begins.
- Filter the Air – While cleaning, our team makes sure to filter out the microscopic mold spores in the air. This can cause complications during the remediation process if left unchecked.
- Mold Removal – This is where the removal truly begins. We use a number of antimicrobial and antifungal techniques to get rid of mold colonies while preventing further growth. We also remove mold from items and belongings (clothes, curtains, furniture, etc.)
- Restoration – Depending on the severity of the mold damage, subfloors, drywall, or other sections might be removed in the process. Some cases may just call for minor repairs, while others may need reconstruction of certain areas.
Getting rid of mold should be done by professionals like our team. We’ll keep you informed through the whole process. Before you know it, you’ll have a mold-free environment; completely free of mold and unnecessary health problems.
Get Help Today
If you have a problem with mold, Restore Remodel Renew may be able to help you. Our trusted mold remediation services are just what you need to get rid of that mold once and for all. Our passionate and experienced team is ready to help you and your family live a better life, free of mold. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to set up a consultation today!