Mold tends to grow and appear in the worst places when it comes to your home and property. Mold can grow just about anywhere if it is humid/moist enough. One of the last things you want to see is mold in bathrooms. Mold on bathroom walls and under sinks can cause major damage and problems in your home.
As beautiful as states like Florida can be, the humidity and moisture of the area can be a breeding ground for mold. There are several factors that may impact how mold grows in your bathroom and homes.
Additionally, mold also affects those who are exposed to it as well as property damage. It’s important to know how to get rid of bathroom mold as well as who to call for quality service. Restore Remodel Renew has been serving the Florida and Tennessee areas for years. From mold remediation to water damage and storm damage, our team has you covered!
Why Does Mold Grow in Bathrooms?
There are many reasons why mold in bathrooms is so common, especially in humid and damp areas like your bathroom. Mold tends to grow in damp and dark areas (especially those that are warm/humid). Over time, simple leaks and damp areas can end up creating mold on bathroom walls and floors. There are many different reasons why you may spot mold in bathrooms, these include:
- Insufficient ventilation – Without the proper ventilation, the humidity and moisture will end up staying in the walls.
- Shower surfaces – Shower doors are exposed to water and soap on a daily basis. Over time, this can cause mold.
- Leaks (faucets or pipes) – Leaks are prime suspects when it comes to mold in bathrooms.
- Leaking behind bathroom walls or another area – Leaks can occur in places you may not be aware of, like behind walls. Make sure to look out for the signs of leaking.
- Slow or clogged drains – Mold can grow in pipelines that are clogged or slow.
- Humidity from taking hot showers (frequently) – As mentioned, humidity is a major factor in mold growth. This can be a problem after hot showers with a lack of ventilation.
Regardless of how mold ended up growing in your bathroom, it’s time to get it fixed. While there are ways to get rid of mold in your bathroom, it’s important to rely on professionals for an effective and speedy solution. We understand how problematic mold growth can be, that’s why we strive to make the process as smooth and as speedy as possible.
How to Get Rid of Bathroom Mold
Whether it’s mold or black mold in the bathroom, it’s important to know these simple tips to prevent it. However, while these may be useful in some instances, it is always better to consult with a professional team – this could save you countless headaches and money in the process.
Firstly, there are a few things you can do to prevent mold on bathroom walls and in areas around the house. It’s best to keep the bathroom properly ventilated since the mold tends to grow in warm and humid areas. The bathroom can be a damp and moist place without the right ventilation. A few ways you can do this is by:
- Use a dehumidifier
- Keeping the door open
- Open up a window (if possible)
- Turn on a fan (and keep it clean)
- Take colder showers (it may be hard but this can make a big difference)
These are great ways to prevent mold in bathrooms and around the house. Now moving on to the next step: how to get rid of bathroom mold.
How to Get Rid of Bathroom Mold
There are a few things you can do to remove mold from your bathroom. However, these may just be temporary fixes. It’s important to get professional help from experts to truly get the job done. A few tips for getting rid of mold include:
- Using vinegar in a mixture (water/vinegar can get rid of some of the mildew)
- Scrubbing with a strong sponge or brush can help remove some of the mold layers
- Bleach is also a great way to unclog drains but won’t do much against mold on the walls
- Using a mix of vinegar and dish soap (sometimes it works but it may leave some streaks/smell lingering)
What are The Effects and Dangers of Mold?
Many people don’t realize that mold can not only cause property damage but can also cause discomforting symptoms to everyone that’s exposed. Mold affects adults, children, and even your pets. It’s the last thing you want in your home and should be taken care of as soon as possible. When exposed to mold, a person may experience some of these symptoms:
- Runny nose
- Skin rashes
- Watery eyes
- Nasal congestion
These can be even more dangerous in young children or those who are older. This is why it’s important to turn to professional help to get rid of the problem as soon as possible. It’s best to take care of mold and find the source to avoid further mold growth. Our Restore Remodel Renew team is trained in spotting and removing mold within hours.
Professional and Reliable Mold Removal Services
While these tips may help get rid of some of the mold in bathrooms, the only way to effectively get the job done is by hiring mold professionals. At Restore Remodel Renew, we offer professional mold remediation services with speed and quality. We use state-of-the-art technology and years of experience to remove the mold safely and quickly so you can get back to living in a mold-free environment.
Mold is a disruptive situation and can end up costing a lot of money in damages as well as other physical symptoms. It’s important to know how to get rid of bathroom mold and when it’s time to call a professional. If you live in the South Florida or Tennessee area and need mold removal, remediation, construction, or remodeling – we’re ready to help you. Give us a call today and get rid of that mold once and for all!